God help me. Today I actually contacted my old boss again, and asked if I could work two days a week this summer to earn some extra cash. It's either that or move back home with Mom and Dad. I love my parents, but I do not want to live with them anymore. I'm a grown up. I shouldn't have too.
I really don't want to go back to that job. Not that I'd be doing the same thing - I'd be at the one part I actually liked if it works out. What I hate is having to ask.
I was thinking about what I’ll need to get to my friend Jon’s wedding next month. I came up with the following list:
2. Bottled water, diet soda
3. Snacks –filling and bad for me.
4. Fruit – to balance out the bad for me stuff
5. Two long books on tape (possibly three)
6. Music on tape (no CD player in the soccer mom mobile).
7. Voice recorder to record incredibly profound thoughts while driving
8. Dress for wedding
9. Comfy clothes for driving
10. Decent enough clothes to be seen in while there
13. A hell of a lot of luck between now and next month
15. Keen observational skills
16. Sense of humor
17. Sense of well-being
18. Good imagination
19. Coffee to keep me awake for an 18 hour drive
20. One standard miracle
Well, that’s more or less everything I know I’ll need. At this point, barring some divine intervention, I’m doing this trip solo. After having driven six hours yesterday, I was exhausted. Not a good sign if I’m planning going to go three times that.
Here’s what I ask of my readers:
1. Good driving music suggestions - upbeat preferably, as I don’t want to fall asleep at the wheel
2. List of clean rest rooms between here and Wisconsin
3. Suggestions to make this trip "The Wacky Road Trip West"